Aromatherapy is gaining more respect and momentum as an effective tool for mental and emotional healing. This natural healing art has helped enhance mood and promote relaxation and stress reduction for centuries.
As we collectively continue to embrace natural healing methods and as more research on olfaction and the brain is released, social workers, mental health and healthcare professionals now have evidence to support aromatherapy as a valid and successful healing tool.
This workshop was borne out of my own personal professional successes with aromatherapy. Although I had used essential oils and other aromatic tools in my psychotherapy practice for years, it was in 2011 when I gave lavender oil to a client who was having a panic attack in session. As she inhaled the essence of lavender, she began to calm down and the attack was aborted.
I now want to share the power of aromatherapy and essential oils as valid, powerful tools for healing. In this dynamic, interactive workshop we will discuss:
- the history of aromatherapy
- definition of aromatherapy
- definition and basic chemistry of essential oils
- the limbic system of the brain
- the effects of essential oils on the limbic system
- methods of essential oil application
- suggested essential oil protocols for mental and emotional healing
- best practice for incorporating aromatherapy into therapeutic practice
You'll also walk away with a sample of an essential oil and resources for incorporating essential oils into your practice.
SOCIAL WORKERS WHO COMPLETE THIS WORKSHOP WILL RECEIVE 5 CE CONTACT HOURS
This workshop is also great for:
- Mental health professionals
- Massage therapists
- Reiki practitioners and energy healers
- Yoga instructors
- Anyone wanting to learn more about aromatherapy for mental and emotional healing
Workshop Fee: $49