Join us in Barahona, Dominican Republic for the 2nd GOOD & Well Retreat. This journey is exclusive to social workers: giving you a unique opportunity to luxuriate, rest and restore in fellowship with other change agents who need rest just as much as you do.
Earn up to 10 CE credits in a cross cultural examination of trauma recovery and healing. After that...it's all about the beach, daily yoga and meditation, yummy locally-sourced food and heaps of FUN!
Sunday 18 February: Arrival in Santo Domingo
This restorative retreat will begin with your arrival into Santo Domingo. You will be met at the airport and we'll travel as a group to the resort in Barahona. On arrival, you'll enjoy a delicious welcome drink followed by the chance to get settled into the resort before your welcome dinner.
Monday 19 February: Workshops
You will take part in a day of workshops led by me, Dawn Shedrick LCSW-R and a special guest who is a local social worker! The workshops have been designed to send you home refreshed and diving into your social work career with new energy and passion.
Tuesday 20 February: Community Day
You will have the unique opportunity to spend time at the non-profit organization that is benefiting from the donation included within your trip fee. You will learn about the important work that this organization is doing and see first-hand the impact of your support.
Wednesday 21 February: Beach day
You will take a short drive to a nearby beach with white sands and crystal waters. We will spend the day soaking up the beauty of Barahona and reflecting on your journey so far.
Thursday 22 February: Spa and pool day
You will spend the day at our resort, schedule free! You will have the opportunity to visit an eco spa set in the woods and enjoy the one-hour massage that is included in your trip fee. We also recommend taking some time to relax by the pool or go for a walk. In the evening, you'll join our farewell dinner for the chance to reflect and celebrate as a group.
Friday 23 February: Return to Santo Domingo
After breakfast and a final dip in the pool, you will travel as a group back to Santo Domingo in time for your international flight back home.
TRIP COST AND INCLUSIONS...
This 6-day journey to the Dominican Republic costs $2,999 and offers you:
- An opportunity to relax, reset and recharge at an exquisite sustainable resort. You will share a deluxe room with one other participant.
- An opportunity for your entire trip to support local communities in the Dominican Republic. Our partner resort is focused on sustainable living and proactively works to support the surrounding communities, environment and economy.
- A service project in support of the local community near the resort. $100 of your trip fee will directly contribute towards this project.
- All meals made from the freshest local, organic ingredients. You will experience a unique farm-to-dining experience and you’ll be invited to explore the local garden to learn more about organic gardening.
- A one hour massage at an Eco Spa, a day-trip to the nearby beach and a range of relaxing activities available at the resort.
- Airport transfers in Santo Domingo, including transport with the group to and from the resort.
- Exclusive membership in our Dominican Republic 2017 Facebook group, where you’ll get to know your fellow travelers, learn more about the rich histories of the Dominican Republic
- BONUS: If you are a licensed social worker in most US states and territories (and parts of Canada too!), you can earn up to 7 continuing education credits by participating in the retreat component of this trip!
Please note that the following are not included and are your responsibility to arrange:
- International travel to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
- International health insurance.
- Visa for the Dominican Republic.
- Vaccinations: We strongly encourage you to visit your doctor at least two months prior to the trip to get all the recommended vaccinations.
- Snacks, drinks, souvenirs.
Please visit the information and registration page here and contact GOOD Travel to discuss our generous payment plans. We've made this trip accessible to any budget.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING...
After joining our inaugural retreat to Zanzibar...
The GOOD & Well Retreat to Tanzania was fantastic. Being able to be the helping hand to such hard-working people brings great joy than can be multiplied." Suzanne Finn
This was no ordinary experience and I love that my trip directly had an impact socially and on the economy. Elijah Li
I have never been on a trip quite like this before. The love, connection, and family created was amazing. Also, being on an adventure like there where we do GOOD just as much as we feel GOOD is the best kind of vacation. Thank you so much! Baron Wright